If you don’t like managing multiple projects at once – stop reading this job description.
If the thought of leading a team makes you want to hide – move along.
If you think Revit or AutoCAD are the names of race car-themed video games – there’s nothing to see here.
But if your reaction is the opposite; if you celebrate in preparing schematic design drawings, renderings, design development and construction documents, we just might have the role for you.
Our team is looking for a Registered Architect with licenses in multiple states to be on a track to become a partner at COR3. We’re looking for that person who can jump into a tight-knit team where everyone chips in to get things done and no one even notices there’s a change. We’re seeking a champion who has a deep understanding of architectural principles that can also connect with clients, team members, and partners.
We don’t know about you, but we’re in this for the long-haul and are searching for a long-term partner at this firm. If you’re still interested at this point, keep scrolling/reading.
Responsibilities – primarily, this role will lead our efforts around:
- Architect of Record: Licensed in South Carolina to be architect in responsible charge. Licensing in other states.
- NCARB Registered Architect
- Project management: As a leader on our team, you will manage multiple projects at different stages of design and construction and stay up-to-date on the other projects at the firm.
- Leadership: The ability to lead, be organized, and engage team members – while also supporting the principals in building a strong talent pipeline for the future development at the firm – will be an area of focus for your position.
- Client Success: Ensuring clients are happy with our work is critical to your role. Once you get up and running on our team, you will put those communication skills to good use and create a healthy rapport with them on a weekly basis.
- Team Culture: Collaborate with our principals to help create a tangible culture, where all team members thrive, communication is clear, and expectations are met.
- Other duties as assigned
How we will know it’s working:
- Our team culture stays strong and if anything, is enhanced by your addition
- We’re receiving positive feedback from our clients
- There is an emphasis on quality control of our work
- You take ownership of your projects and jump right in with the team
- Client deadlines are met and there are no gaps in any stage of the project life cycle
Knowledge and skills requirements – we’re looking for team members with proven:
- MS Office Suite skills
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills and understanding that our clients come first
- Proficiency in Adobe products, including Photoshop
- A minimum of 10(+) years of experience
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Revit in architectural design
- Advanced knowledge of construction document production and construction detailing, as well as a strong understanding construction practices and how buildings are built
- Strong desire to always be learning
- Proven attention to detail through prior work or life experience
- Expertise delegating and managing the growing staff at COR3
- Expertise in making relationships and maintaining strong bonds with those you
- Importance placed on diversity, inclusion and equity
Education – ideal candidates will blend book and street smarts, but here are a few things we do need you to know to set you up for success here at COR3:
- Master’s degree or 5-Year Professional degree
You might ask us about:
- Benefits: We offer health, dental, and vision insurance | 401(k) Matching Retirement Plan | Life Insurance | 3 Weeks PTO | 9 Holidays | Paid parking at our downtown office location | Professional development opportunities customized to your growth
- Room for growth: It’s our intention to support you and develop your position into a partner at the firm
- Work schedule: Our lead architect is expected to be in the office to support and mentor other architects, but we have a flexible work rhythm here. As long as you get your work done and are respectful of our clients, we are happy to accommodate your schedule
- Location: We have an office right in the heart of downtown Greenville and want to hire someone that lives here, too! We believe having a strong local team is critical to the success of our culture
- Compensation: $100,000 starting
Who is COR3? Over the years we’ve grown and continue to evolve, but at our COR3 these are the driving forces:
Mission: We are not like the other architectural and design firms our clients and employees have worked with in the past. Our culture, manner of doing business, and unwavering commitment to our ethics set us apart. Our team focuses more on quality control rather than micromanagement.
Vision: Our core values (below) are manifested in our service to our clients and our team members. The intentionality of building a diverse team is an important aspect of the culture here at COR3. Everyone values each other’s strengths and professional input.
Core Values: Integrity | Commitment | Flexibility | Quality | Affordability | Community Outreach
Qualified candidates, please send cover letter, CV and salary requirements to [email protected].